Federal Board Class X English (Paper B) SSC (9th & 10th) 2007
Federal Board Class X English
Q.1. (a) Choose the correct narration. (03)
i. The doctor said to the patient, “Take complete rest and follow my direction”.
- The doctor said to the patient that take complete rest and follow my directions.
- The doctor told to the patient to take complete rest and follow his directions.
- The doctor advised the patient to take complete rest and follow his directions.
- The doctor said to the patient for complete rest and follow his directions.
ii. The teacher said, “Did you do your home task yesterday”?
- The teacher asked if he had done his home task the day before.
- The teacher said that did you do your home task yesterday?
- The teacher told that he had done his home task yesterday?
- The teacher asked that if he had done his home task yesterday.
iii. Roshana proposed that we should finish our work first.
- Roshana said to us, “Finish our work first”.
- Roshana said, “Let us finish our work first”.
- Roshana proposed, “Finish your work first”.
- Roshana said, “Let us finish their work first”.
Q.1. (b) Choose the correct voice for the following sentences. (02)
i. The Board has give me a gold medal.
- A gold medal has been given to me by the Board.
- I have been given a gold medal by the Board.
- A gold medal has been give to me by the Board.
- A gold medal is given to me by the Board.
ii. Why is the chair being mended by him?
- Why is he mending the chair?
- Why he was mending the chair?
- Why he has been mended the chair?
- Why he had being mended the chair?
Q.1. (c) Choose the correct option. (10)
i. He is angry ______ me
ii. Let us hope ______ the best
iii. He is very careful ______ his health
iv. She is ______ intelligent girl.
- none of these
v. _____ Dawn is published from Karachi
- none of these
vi. He is richer than his brother
- None of these
vii. We resumed our journey
viii. She is walking slowly.
ix. English (speak) all over the world.
- Has spoken
- Is spoken
- Had spoken
x. This match (play) yesterday.
- Was played
- Had been playing
- is played
- Was being played
Q.2. Read the passage and answer the questions. (10)
Newspapers keep us constantly in touch with the whole of making. In olden days a man’s world consisted of his own village and one or two neighboring villages. It was difficult for him to know what was going on in the other parts of the country. But today the pres assisted by rapid means of communications bring us news from the farthest corner of the globe. The press is also responsible for education public opinion. The laws of a nation are really shaped by its press. In fact the public receives guidance from the newspapers. Thus their power in modern time is really great.
i. What is the contribution of Newspaper to mankind?
ii. We are living in a better world as compared to olden days. Why?
iii. What is the responsibility of press today?
iv. What are the effects of press on shaping the laws of a nation?
v. How can Newspaper be a source of public guidance?
Q.3. (a) Make sentences from the pair of words
(Dose, Doze) | (Alter, Altar) | (Dew, Due) | (Eligible, Illegible)
Q.3. (b) Use any FOUR verb phrases in sentences
Look at, Abstain from, Bring down, Pray for, Suffer from, Contented with
Q.3. (c) Punctuate the following
can a computer thing that depends on what you mean by think if solving a mathematical problem is thinking then a computer can think and do so much faster than a man
Q.4. Translate into English
Write a dialogue between two friends discussing “Pleasure of reading books”. (10)
Q.5. Write an essay (200 and 250 words)
i. My feeling after selection for a journey into space.
ii. Describe the scene of the tuck shop of your school at recess time.
iii. Is the mobile phone a blessing?
Q.6. Develop a story (40 to 50 words) with the help of outline.
Tiger kills a woman with a gold bangle – keeps it – one day a man comes there – stands on the bank of stream – gets ready to cross – the tiger appears – man is afraid – tiger tells him that it has become pious and keeps praying – offers the bangle – the greedy man falls prey to the tiger. Moral
Q.7. Write an application to your Principal, requesting him for issuance of character certificate.
Write a letter to your pen-friend abroad telling him about Independence Day celebration in Pakistan